Thursday, January 13, 2011

Aussie YA Challenge 2011

Brissie girl Nic of Irresistible Reads is hosting the Aussie YA Reading Challenge 2011

You're pumped, right? :)



Nearly 50 people have already signed up (!!!). If you sign up by Australia Day (Jan 26) you are automatically entered to win an Aussie YA book (your choice from 18 titles, sent from The Book Depository).

Here's my sign up post including Aussie YA books I'm planning on reading this year.

First,  a bunch of books that are already out that I have been meaning to read:






It's often hard to know about upcoming Aussie YA titles, so I'll be adding more as I hear about them.

Books coming out 2011
7 books by authors I already adore:



Bridge of Clay by Markus Zusak
Kingdom of Cello #1 by Jaclyn Moriarty
Shirley Marr's sophomore title.

As for you? If you are thinking of joining and not sure what Aussie YA to read - you can check out:


@ goodreads

Or: let me tell you who I think you should read...
Jaclyn Moriarty. 
;)

Which books in this post would you love to read?

12 comments:

  1. Great picks Nomes. I want to read them all. Slice I have already ordered and Mercy is sitting here waiting to be read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm quite surprised that I've read quite a few from your list, but not all of them (but I will!) :P

    Noah's Law was very different to Randa Abdel-Fattah's other novels, but I loved it! I hope you can read it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read all of the books in your list! Unfortunately, it's not that easy to get Aussie books. I already posted my review of Graffiti Moon for this challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 113!! So many additions to my TBR! Like Chachic said, it's not easy to get Aussie YA. But I was able to order books by Melina Marchetta - I am looking forward to reading her books especially On the Jellicoe Road.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sound like interesting books in your list. I haven't read any, I'll have to catch up and read some Aussie books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to read How It Feels and Noah's Law :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. noah's law is very differnt from her other work, but i'm loving it. i've got less than 100 pages to go.

    markus zusak is coming to perth!!! i'm so excited. and i might be doing a writing course that brigid lowry would be instructing. i LOVE the freo children's lit centre.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These all sound like they’re going to be awesome reads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are such great picks! I can't wait to read what you think about them. (The cover for MERCY is gorgeous.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm. As I'm outside Australia I would only have to do six and I've done one already in 2011. (Tomorrow, When the War Began - read after seeing the film and before seeing the film again when it opens in the UK.) I also have Beatle Meets Destiny in the pile. Does Lucy Christopher count as Aussie? If so I have her Flyaway in the pile...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm all signed up, and I'm really looking forward to reading more by Aussie authors.

    I'm even hosting a giveaway of a couple of MM books. I got all inspired, yo.

    I'm glad I can use this post as a reference for more titles. Thanks Nomes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. All signed up, looking forward to this awesome challenge and I've already added some great titles to my wishlist. Got to check out your goodreads list :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for the commenty love :)